(Archive)Garena Europe High Level Rooms Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule suggestion about bans against leavers

Go down 
+8
Jigg4
D|a)^BoRnToFeeD
ThugAngel87
cous44
yoooo[=MUKY=]
1l....
pecamribe
ZykerBolt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZykerBolt

Rule suggestion about bans against leavers Empty
PostSubject: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello,

Leaving a game, voluntarily or not, always happen. The dude gets banned from the room, everyone is happy. However, this guy can still go and play in other high level rooms. And so can he leave and ruin a game again if he wants to.

My suggestion would be to apply a global ban from all HLR rooms to recidivists. I think it would be great to fight against behavior like "I'm leaving, I don't care if I get banned in this room, I can still play in the others. And when I'm banned from all the others, I'm going to play nice in HLR 1." However, when this guy gets unbanned, he can repeat this unrespectful behavior. At the condition, of course, if players are reporting him. Because you can leave and ruin a game without getting banned if you are not reported on the forum.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
pecamribe

pecamribe

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:12 pm

There will always be some kids and noobs who will leave game and ruin it. Get used to it. I personally hate them (cuz i'm not one of them, i never leave, only if net crash). Global ban, hm. If he rly want 2 leave in other HLR, ppl will report him and he should get then few days extra. Example, player lvl 14 get ban, there is no need for global ban, because he can't enter other rooms anyway due to lvl required.
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:14 pm

People who hacks are getting global banned.
Back to top Go down
1l....

1l....

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Hmm i disagree..
If we are going like that...why we dont make uid ban for leavers? Kinda stupid Isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
yoooo[=MUKY=]

yoooo[=MUKY=]

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 pm

I agree with ZykerBolt. But as it has advantages, obviously has a flaw. But still, I am for global ban. The man who plays constantly in EDHLR1 does not care about the sentence in EDHLR2, it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
cous44
cous44

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:34 pm

It is a matter of banlist capacity, we oviously can't apply global hlr ban due to our banlists capacity... Do you really think no one had ever thought of this? We cannot.
Plus, imagine some people get a electricity shut down, would you ban them in every hlr for this?
Anyway, we just cannot go for it,
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:59 pm

I never said to global ban at the first leave. But if someone leaves multiple times, in my suggestion two times, I think he is going to leave a third and so deserves a global ban.

But if the admins don't have the technical means to do it, too bad then.
Back to top Go down
ThugAngel87

ThugAngel87

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

Getting a piece of extra hardware and some extra links on the net is not a problem at all... The real problem is, that people don't really care if they get banned in all rooms or just one. I believe that there are people who have multiple accounts here `n` there and they can get banned and they just re-login with another account. Plus, half of these (if not more) have the advantage of cracked client, so no matter if you ban them or not, they will get another account, and just enter the room again.
What you are saying is doable, but under different kind of circumstances. Not UID or nickname ban, but we are talking about IP ban. IP is easily resolved by the dynamic IP systems, so it requires a bigger investment in software that will track down and memorize the pattern of changing of the IP address. There is a lot more to it than just suggestion. I would vote for, but as the administration told us, they can't support it right now. Even if they can, the same guys who get banned, can still join the room with other accounts.
Salute...
Back to top Go down
D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:52 pm

The problem is mentioned precisely in the first post.

Leavers are not afraid of leaving games in the EUDHLRs because they know that if they get banned they can simply join another one or wait for their penalty to expire.There are many regular leavers who keep ruining other people's games and thus this problem cannot be effectively dealt with.The idea of a global penalty is great and has been suggested many times , but as cous said it's a problem that has to do with the banlist capacities , because if banlists are overloaded , that causes lag to the server and many problems afterwards.The question is why banlists cannot be expanded.If that can be done , the globan ban penalty can be easily implemented and better games will be played in the EUDHLRs.That would give the leavers something to think about...

Another good idea would be to increase the penalty of people who leave games regularly , but that can't be implemented for the same reason.If the guys down in Singapore ever decide to deal with these problems , then I think that many things will be improved here...

Last edited by D|a)^BoRnToFeeD on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jigg4

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:56 pm

ThugAngel87 wrote:
Getting a piece of extra hardware and some extra links on the net is not a problem at all... The real problem is, that people don't really care if they get banned in all rooms or just one. I believe that there are people who have multiple accounts here `n` there and they can get banned and they just re-login with another account. Plus, half of these (if not more) have the advantage of cracked client, so no matter if you ban them or not, they will get another account, and just enter the room again.
What you are saying is doable, but under different kind of circumstances. Not UID or nickname ban, but we are talking about IP ban. IP is easily resolved by the dynamic IP systems, so it requires a bigger investment in software that will track down and memorize the pattern of changing of the IP address. There is a lot more to it than just suggestion. I would vote for, but as the administration told us, they can't support it right now. Even if they can, the same guys who get banned, can still join the room with other accounts.
Salute...

well but only a few persons have a static IP.so u can just restart your router and tada,here we go again.
so in fact there would be a remix out of the 2 verions the beste maybe. IP + UID ban.
unfortunately the mods cant do this because they dont have the capacities. ive suggested an global/UID ban allready too.admins thought about it too,but well like ive said,they dont have the capacity :/
so the garena admins (not mods in the rooms!) have to do something about it.and i doubt,that they ever would do something like that. i mean look at the main forum,its more then one month gone,and we still use this "temporary" forum...
Back to top Go down
lee1525

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Create Hlr Black list where you can ban people that left more then 3 times from all hlrs on 60-100 days...
Back to top Go down
Jigg4

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:50 pm

lee1525 wrote:
Create Hlr Black list where you can ban people that left more then 3 times from all hlrs on 60-100 days...

like ive said,theres no capacity for that.but the main idea is cool.actually there could be a blacklist of such leavers which we can ban from our host.
would be an effective method i think.just need the mods to do some more work Smile
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 am

Not all the recidivist leavers have mutliple accounts. I don't think it is possible to ban ALL the leavers, but restricting their numbers by a nickname ban would be a good idea, no matter how you do it.
Back to top Go down
ThugAngel87

ThugAngel87

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 am

ZykerBolt wrote:
Not all the recidivist leavers have mutliple accounts. I don't think it is possible to ban ALL the leavers, but restricting their numbers by a nickname ban would be a good idea, no matter how you do it.

What happens where there are several guys with similar nicknames? They will get banned too.. I have ThugAngel87. There is guy who's nick is ThugAngel.. Just ThugAngel.. Which one of us will get banned? Him or me? Or both of us? Bad idea..

Like I said in my previous post, there is a way to deal with the dynamic IP issue, but that requires a greater investment, which, I am not sure that the guys down in Singapore are ready to make. And it requires selected staff, or elite people (so to speak), to build this software, which memorizes the pattern of the IP changes and then creates it's own pattern, making IP addresses and then putting them in one place for one user, then others, that don't belong there are excluded.. So automatically, all IP's that are in the generated list are banned. It's simple to say it in words, but far more difficult and complexed in practice.. Those who have some experience in networking know what I am talking about.

Another way to resolve this issue, is to increase the capacity of the ban-list, which requires more and better servers. That's not such a great investment for people like Garena's owners, but they won't decide to make it come true, because they don't have that much profit out of Garena, so they would build the system.
Salute.
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:23 am

How admins do when they must ban someone? They don't ban the wrong nickname. How does work your garena banlist? Same, they don't make mispellings.

Making an IP ban is too much work for little reward. It is "just" leavers after all. But if something that I consider as simple as a global ban could be applied, it would be very effective.
Back to top Go down
yoooo[=MUKY=]

yoooo[=MUKY=]

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 am

There are lots of ways to change the IP, and here's another example that shows you how some solutions can be really stupid - when Roger block all IP addresses from alegria. A better solution would be to solve the problem - EXP HACK. Solve this problem, and you will solve most problems, if I understand.
Back to top Go down
MnT.MueRte

MnT.MueRte

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 am

Once a leaver always a leaver
Back to top Go down
GanymeDes
GanymeDes

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 pm

We've actually been working on this for a long time. It's just that in Garena nothing ever happens fast.

So.. stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Youssef900

Youssef900

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:37 am

if u gonna do this .. you have to reduse the ban duration !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule suggestion about bans against leavers   Rule suggestion about bans against leavers Empty

Back to top Go down

Rule suggestion about bans against leavers
Page 1 of 1