(Archive)Garena Europe High Level Rooms Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?

Go down 
+5
BD.UnKnowN
Fais
EU.GaSeR
cous44
ZykerBolt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ZykerBolt

Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? Empty
PostSubject: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Hello,

All is in the title. This is not about a particular ban request, but I have the feeling that being afk gets you a lesser penalty than leaving a game, why is that?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
cous44
cous44

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:32 pm

It depends of a few things. We take in consideration the status, the time elapsed, the score... if someone goes afk with 36-3 for his team, with a personal score based on, I don't know, 14-0, personnally, I'm not going to ban him 30 days.
On the opposite, A guy who got booted for being afk, with a score near to 0-8, being in the "looser" team, we can't clearly say he went afk for a good reason. He just decided to. I guess it's a matter of circumstances.
So, basically, we don't ban people who went afk less than regular leavers, let's say, we try to understand why would the guy goes afk. I usually put 30, other moderators can put less. It depends, we don't have a certain guideline to respect.

I'm not going to say it is based on the mod's mood, but close king
Back to top Go down
EU.GaSeR
EU.GaSeR

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm

I usually ban afkers for longer duration.
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 am

No matter what the cirumstances are, being afk means you stopped playing, just like a leaver stopped playing. I don't understand what is the difference here.
Back to top Go down
cous44
cous44

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 am

It's not like I posted something to explain, right?
Back to top Go down
Fais

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:12 am

leaving = take items or use hero

afk = cant do anything with his hero = annoying
Back to top Go down
BD.UnKnowN

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:54 pm

When anyone went afk he will ruin the game by losing any spell from his hero. like shaker or whoever. So team needed this spell by afker. so he should get max ban days'.'
Back to top Go down
cous44
cous44

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:55 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
BD.UnKnowN

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:56 pm

hi
Back to top Go down
ZykerBolt

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 pm

In your message, the difference I got between afker and leaver was this: " let's say, we try to understand why would the guy goes afk", hence my answer about why treating them differently, even if it is so minor.
Back to top Go down
ThugAngel87

ThugAngel87

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 am

If I have diarrhea and need to stand up from the PC and go to the bathroom, and stay there for more than 15 mins, and don't have time to explain that, would the admins believe that, no matter the score? This is just hypothetical, but, would you believe that if I explain it later in unban request? And even worse, would you believe that if I was on the loosing team?
Back to top Go down
sacuTEkaram

sacuTEkaram

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 pm

ThugAngel87 wrote:
If I have diarrhea and need to stand up from the PC and go to the bathroom, and stay there for more than 15 mins, and don't have time to explain that, would the admins believe that, no matter the score? This is just hypothetical, but, would you believe that if I explain it later in unban request? And even worse, would you believe that if I was on the loosing team?
-If you have diarrhea and you must go afk during a game because of it you must record yourself while you're taking a shit, and zoom in your shit when you're done so the admins can determine if it's really diarrhea and upload it as an unban request. *Taken from the official EDHLR rules by chrismockvack*
Back to top Go down
STFU__!__

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 am

AFKers should die.
Back to top Go down
chanelbags208

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 am

cheap nfl jerseys and become the cause of online success
discount coach bags in a flash web design need
coach bags outlet undoubtedly are a symbolic representation of sophistication
coach handbags outlet luxury, sexy and famous
coach outlet online consumer darling of high society
coach outlet store online was definitely produced to get paired with the bag
replica designer handbags is a well-known
coach outlet store online the very first substitute of these girls
wholesale coach handbags the first choice for shopping
cheap authentic jerseys If you want to be in the front of fashion world with high quality
nfl jerseys suppliers size needs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?   Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do afkers get less days of bans than leavers?
Page 1 of 1