(Archive)Garena Europe High Level Rooms Temporary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.

Go down 
+41
LoveR-_^
artyy
trance.l)arude
Eunique
Fais
cous44
EU.GaSeR
Gaz
Nova.AT
fenix136
1l....
coolbgt
W.M.Skimed
Youssef900
Mars
^-Nazgul^-
EU.Neff
RakiaLover
[E]ndrit
0doaker
Metallica-Neca
{IMBA}-DRAGON
[gLaFi]R4ZoR!
^[invincible]^
X-Soulfiend
EU.Facemelt
CaptainDuff
KoMuro-_^
Xqs.heX
~|W|aTaFa|K|.~
EU.D1ablo
plitvice
reyialin
k2
MnT.MueRte
SodA
D|a)^BoRnToFeeD
Nethouse.RAYDER
street_dog
yoooo[=MUKY=]
chrismokvack
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. Empty
PostSubject: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 am

[Recruiting is CLOSED]

UPDATE: Also include a link to your profile on this forum in your application. If you already sent your application you can send a new email with the link.

We are looking for one new Abuser Section Moderator and several new Channel Admins, at least 2, perhaps more.

It is not possible to be only an Abuser Section Moderator, so if you apply for that position you automatically apply for a position as Channel Admin as well. However, Abuser Section Moderators are not expected to spend as much time handling normal ban requests as their colleagues, though it will still be slightly more time-consuming than a normal Channel Admin position. But it is also a very interesting and rewarding job!

New staff will most likely start out in hlr5 unless we recruit more people than slots in hlr5, or if old mods prefer staying in their old room.

Time table:

2010-09-11: Recruitment opens
2010-09-18: Deadline for sending applications
2010-09-19: Evaluation begins
2010-09-22: Deadline for sending in the promotion requests.
between 2010-09-19 and 2010-09-22: We announce the new additions to the EUHLR staff in this thread or at the official forum if it's up by then.

If you send your email later than the 18th we don't guarantee that your application will be reviewed. By the 22th we will have sent the promotion requests, so after that date you will have 0 chance. We might send the promotion request already by the 19th if we finish that early.

Requirements:
  • Be fluent in English.
  • Be very familiar with the EUHLR rules and system.
  • Have posted a huge number of good ban requests.
  • Not have posted any (or very few) bad ban requests .
  • Never have been banned in EUHLR except for trivial bans. We decide what's trivial! Revoked bans do not count.
  • Have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
  • *Be prepared to disclose personal information about yourself

*This is a new thing which is required by the people at the Garena office down in Singapore. If you are recruited, you will be expected to provide the following information:

Quote :
1. Surname
2. Full Name
3. Current country of residence
4. Country of Birth
5. Birth Date
6. Primary email address
7. Secondary email address (if applicable)
8. Telephone number (including country code)
9. Physical address

Though this information is not meant for our eyes and we are not interested in seeing it. After you are recruited you will fill in an excel file that you yourself send to the community admins. It will never reach the eyes of anyone in the volunteer staff. In other words, you are NOT supposed to include this information in your application. You can't make up false info. If they check and find that you don't exist, you will be removed from the staff.

What's expected of an EUHLR Channel Admin:
  • Always act professionally and maintain a serious attitude.
  • Always behave decently towards other users, regardless of how they treat you.
  • Handle at least 10-20 ban requests almost every day.
  • Be available in your room almost every day to keep the channel clean, answer questions and help users.
  • Never kick a user who has not violated any of the channel rules.
  • Never ban somebody without posting a valid ban request.
  • Never unban a user who has been banned through a valid ban request.
  • Always be objective and never give special treatment to any user.

Your application should be sent to the following email address: euhlrteam@gmail.com

Below is an application template. Applications that don't follow the correct format will be ignored.

The title of your email should be as follows: [position] username (uid)

Replace [position] with [C] if you want to apply only for the normal Channel Admin position or with [A] If you want to apply for the Abuser Section Moderator position AND the Channel Admin position, or with [C+A] if you're interested in both positions. Note that the difference between the latter two is that [A] means that your application will be rejected if you cannot get the Abuser Section position, whereas [C+A] means that you still have a chance of getting the Channel Admin position if you don't get the Abuser position. So be very careful about choosing the right tag! Only choose [A] if you genuinly aren't interested in joining the EUHLR staff unless you get to work with abuser requests.

username should be replaced with your username and (uid) should be replaced with your uid.

The content of your email should be as follows:

1. Name (You don't have to write your full name if you don't want to, but at least a nickname that might be applicable to you in real life and that you are comfortable with being called. For example if your real name is William Brown you might simply write "Will")
2. Gender
3. Country of residence
4. Windows Live ID
5. link to your profile on this forum
6. Free writing

What you include in the "free writing" part is up to you, but keep in mind that this is your chance to convince us why you are the right person for the job. Write long enough to give us an impression of what kind of personality and attitude you have, but don't get too wordy.

Example:

Quote :

Recipients: EUHLRteam@gmail.com
Title: [A+C] chrismokvack (1496231)

Chris
Male
Sweden
ChrisTheQuackerJack@example.com
https://edhlr.canadaboard.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=9

blablab labla blabla bla blabl alblal blla blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla bla blablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablablabla blabla bla blablalbla l blla blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blabla blabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

bla bla blabla blabla bla blablalblal bllabla blablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllabl ab lablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllab lablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablabla bla blabla bla blablalblal bl lablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

blabla blabla blabla bla blablalblal bllab lablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllabla blab labla blabla bla blablal blal blla
blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablal blal blla
blablab labla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablabla blabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablab labla blabla bla blablalblal bllabla b lablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablal blal blla
blablab labla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablabla blabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablab labla blabla bla blablalblal bllabla b lablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blabla blabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

bla bla blabla blabla bla blablalblal bllabla blablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllabl ab lablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllab lablablabla blabla bla blablalblal bllablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla
blablabla bla blabla bla blablalblal bl lablablablabla blabla bla blablalblal blla

Last edited by chrismokvack on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
yoooo[=MUKY=]

yoooo[=MUKY=]

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:50 am

1 question: if they confirmed this, what will happening whit currently afk staffs, they will be demoted or not? Because, more staffs more chance to abuse. If they not doing own job, why should they need continue be channel admins?
Back to top Go down
street_dog
Administrator
street_dog

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:32 am

Only for the record - who is abusing from us ?
Back to top Go down
yoooo[=MUKY=]

yoooo[=MUKY=]

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 am

First, where i was in my reply say this? And second you realy think or you just akt, that about 15 mods in ehlr no1 never abusing? They ppl like all other. Some realy want good for ehlr, some dont care. And when many mods afk like in ehlr where some mods write something or do something every 1,2,3 or 4 week, more chance for abusing.
Back to top Go down
street_dog
Administrator
street_dog

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:37 am

Man i bearly understand what are talking about. Please take a deep breath and try to write everything correctly so I can understand what do you mean and possibly answer to you
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:31 am

I can answer one thing at any rate: Old inactive moderators will lose their CA rights.
Back to top Go down
Nethouse.RAYDER

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 am

nice
Back to top Go down
D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:08 am

chrismokvack I wonder what you wrote in your application in 14 pages :p
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:12 am

Nah, that wasn't my application. My real application was only two A4 pages long. The 14 page thingie was a letter to the lady who was our boss about half a year ago.

I actually removed my authentic example and replaced it with "blablabla" because I discovered that some of the people who applied so far more or less copied my text and changed some things here and there, and that was not really my intention with the example. It turned out to be more of a pitfall than a help, so I think I did the rest of you a favour by deleting it.
Back to top Go down
SodA

SodA

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 am

chris, i had my ban records in the old forum, i have been out on holiday for the past 2 months and my records have been erased am guessing? so is it alright if i have a low amount on this new forum?

SodA
Peace
Back to top Go down
D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

D|a)^BoRnToFeeD

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 am

Yeah that girl JacziE right?I think she was at garena for like 5 years or so , and now she is 27 years old.It's about time that girl got a life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MnT.MueRte

MnT.MueRte

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 am

Nice finally some new and hope so active moderators I hope u choose me Razz Very Happy Application will be sent in this day thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

@ SodA: You'll have to hope that somebody remembers you as an active ban poster, or that your amount of ban requests on this forum is sufficient.

@ BoRnTooFeeD: Yes, it was JacziE. I'm not sure how long she was at Garena, but she was only head of the Community for about half a year.
Back to top Go down
k2

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:57 am

with all due respect i have to add something. There was a time when EUHLR were under ddos or whatever it was, my user got banned for no reason from high 4 and you know how long is it ? its 7000 Hours so how are you gonna explain that when you require an user without being banned when some one from somewhere banned me and Moderators didnt even reply me. And as u know its illegal to ban a user that much and its not fair. So im gonna also have to tnx for picking new mods.
Back to top Go down
reyialin

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:23 am

Btw is it paid job?

i wonder which benefits new mods will get?

Coz spending so much time on channel and forum need to be awarded in some way

and btw,what about hacked league admins account and many users with *suddenly* premium accounts with ban promotions? how are they handled ?
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 am

No, it's a volunteer job. The only reward you get is premium membership & experience each month if you do your job well.

As for your other question: Didn't quite understand what you mean. There's only one league admin account around, and it belongs to a bunch of ddosers who blackmailed Garena. How do we deal with that? We try to piss them off as little as possible so that they leave us alone.
Back to top Go down
k2

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 am

Chrismokvack , what r u gonna do about banning like 7000 hours for no reason ?
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am

That's a question without a straight answer. We try as much as possible to unban people who were banned by those ddosers, but sometimes they are determined to keep someone banned, and then there isn't much we can do. As for solving the problem permanently: that would require the Garena owners to stop allowing themselves to be blackmailed, so that's not something we in the EUHLR team can affect.
Back to top Go down
SodA

SodA

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

If one user is not strong in the abuser section could he still try for it?
Back to top Go down
street_dog
Administrator
street_dog

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:35 am

As long as you can analize replays - yes. It's not an easy work.
Back to top Go down
plitvice

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:24 am

I wonder if I stand a chance....
Back to top Go down
EU.D1ablo

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 am

chrismokvack wrote:
I can answer one thing at any rate: Old inactive moderators will lose their CA rights.
You mentioned that you will recruit 2 mods, that means that Europe has only 2 inactive mods?
Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 am

I said at least 2. Actually I'm already pretty sure it's 3. We might end up recruiting many more. It all depends on how much some certain lazyasses are going to work from now on.
Back to top Go down
~|W|aTaFa|K|.~

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 am

question for chris:do you have msn so we can discuss something
add me hot_1_boy@hotmail.com
thx
Back to top Go down
chrismokvack
Administrator
chrismokvack

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 am

I won't add random people on msn but you can reach me at quakenet on irc.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, do the following:

1. Go here: http://webchat.quakenet.org
2. Type nickname of your choice
3. press join chat
4. type /query chrismokvack
5. talk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.   EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods. Empty

Back to top Go down

EUHLR are recruiting at least 2 new mods.
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next